These Breakfast Pizzas are toasty English muffins topped with scrambled eggs, ham, a little garlic butter and melted cheese. These can be made ahead of time and frozen until needed! I can’t believe that kids are already going back to school in some parts of the country! We still have a couple more weeks here until school starts and I’m dreading it. I’m soooo not a morning person. It’s hard for me to get up and rolling let alone feign some cheeriness to my kids and get them excited about the day. I’ve found the secret for me is to do as much as I can the night before so that mornings aren’t crazy. These English Muffin Pizzas are so good and can totally be made ahead of time and even frozen for whenever you need them. Start by brushing your Thomas English muffins with a garlic butter. This gives them that pizza taste without actually using pizza sauce. Trust me, I tried that and it was no bueno. Scramble your eggs and toss in a little diced ham. You could definitely use browned and crumbled sausage here to if you like. Pizza must have plenty of cheese. Now, if you’re freezing them here is where you would wrap them securely with plastic wrap and freeze away. You could definitely warm them in the microwave but you won’t get that nice toasty muffin unless you use the oven which is the preferred way. Enjoy!
Serves: 12 servings
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 Thomas English muffins, split
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt. Brush each English muffin with the garlic butter mixture.
- Scramble eggs until soft set and then add the ham and stir in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the scrambled eggs onto each muffin and top with cheese. If making ahead of time, wrap pizza in plastic wrap here and freeze until needed.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and muffins are toasted. If pizza is frozen, remove from freezer and bake for 15 minutes.
Note: Cooked ground pork sausage can be substituted if desired.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything